This innovative and in-depth book integrates the well-developed theory and practical applications of one dimensional and multidimensional multirate signal processing. Using a rigorous mathematical framework, it carefully examines the fundamentals of this rapidly growing field. Areas covered include: basic building blocks of multirate signal processing; fundamentals of multidimensional multirate signal processing; multirate filter banks; lossless lattice structures; introduction to wavelet signal processing.
Multirate and Wavelet Signal Processing forms the basis for a graduate course in multirate signal processing. It includes an introduction to wavelet signal processing and emphasizes topics of ever-increasing importance for a wide range of applications. Concise and easy-to-read, this book is also a useful primer for professional engineers.
- Integrates the well-developed theory and practical applications of one-dimensional and multidimensional multirate signal processing
- Emphasizes topics of ever-increasing importance for a wide range of applications
- Written in a concise, easy-to-read style
- Uses relevant examples
- General mathematical formulation permits extensions of concepts to diverse applications, such as speech, imaging, video, and synthetic aperture radar
- Emphasizes key topics of the field, allowing the reader to make the most efficient use of time in learning the fundamentals of multirate
- Designed to be completely covered in a single semester or quarter
"An elementary discussion presenting a theoretical foundation by emphasizing general principles, accessible to electrical engineers and others with some prior exposure to linear algebra, multi-dimensional signal processing, and filter banks. Covers both basic and multi-dimensional multirate processing, filter banks, lattice structures, and wavelet signal processing. Includes problems for each chapter." --REFERENCE AND RESEARCH BOOK NEWS