Master the art and science of specimen collection, preparation, and evaluation with Canine & Feline Cytology: A Color Atlas and Interpretation Guide, Second Edition. This easy-to-use guide covers all body systems and fluids including a special chapter on acquisition and management of cytology specimens. Hundreds of vivid color images of normal tissue alongside abnormal tissue images – plus concise summaries of individual lesions and guidelines for interpretation - will enhance your ability to confidently face any diagnostic challenge.
- A greatly expanded image collection, with more than 1,200 vivid, full-color photomicrographic illustrations depicting multiple variations of normal and abnormal tissue for fast and accurate diagnosis
- Clear, concise descriptions of tissue sampling techniques, slide preparation and examination guidelines
- Helpful hints for avoiding technical pitfalls and improving diagnostic quality of specimens
- Includes all body systems and fluids as well as pathological changes associated with infectious agents
- Histologic and histopathologic correlates provided in all organ system chapters.
- User-friendly format and logical organization facilitates readability and learning.
- Expert contributors represent the most respected leaders in the field.
- NEW! Chapter on Fecal Cytology
- Highlighted boxes featuring Key Points provide helpful tips for best conceptual understanding and diagnostic effectiveness
- Photomicrographs now include more comparative histology
- Discussions of broader uses of stains and immunocytochemistry for differential cytologic characterization
- Expanded chapter on Advanced Diagnostic Techniques includes more methodology and application of current tools, representing advances in both aspiration and exfoliative cytology.